Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Never lose yourself

"Some use make-up to cover up, to hide who they are, some use it to express themselves and to show the world who they truly are."
- Cassandra Bankson -

I could use all the make-up in the world, but it probably wouldn't hide my scars.
Even less would it hide all the times I've been in hospitals when I was younger.
And something make-up will never ever be able to hide are the scars that aren't visible to the eye.
Nothing can hide that kind of scars, of being imperfect.

I don't mind that I can't hide my scars, my past. Not anymore.
At least most of the time.
Those scars are part of me, and the moments that lead to those scars made me who I am.
It's part of how I think, how I treat other people, how I see the world, how I react to the world.

So I guess I don't really want to hide them anymore. Again... most of the time.
If people don't take me for who I am, in and out, if they are too superficial to get to know me beyond my looks, then I guess I don't need those people either.
Society bring to us this idea of beauty, this idea of what being perfect is like. You can be pretty, you can be hot, but beauty is quite something different.

"It's got to come from the inside, it's got to be personal. So if you are true and genuine, I find this beautiful."
- Rick Genest -

I'm finishing of with a great advice to all of you out there, also a quote from Rick Genest:

"Never lose yourself."

(And maybe... watch the video below.
A picture perfect to the saying 'there's more than meets the eye')

No comments:

Post a Comment